Ahhh, March. Time Change, Spring And….Road Construction. MDOT Unveils 2017 Schedule
Used to be, there were two things you knew you could count on. Death and Taxes. I think we know that list is now three, with Road Construction.Here's what to expect in the immediate area around Kalamazoo...
- M-40 North of Paw Paw, repaving from Gobles to the Allegan county line. (April and May)
- I-94 near Paw Paw, reconstruction the west bound bridge over the Paw Paw River (May thru August. (Two lanes should be open in both directions)
- Here's a major one in Kalamazoo: M-43 (West Main St.) from 131 to Pitcher St. downtown will be repaved (May thru November)
- E. Michigan at Harrison St. in Kalamazoo will get a traffic signal. (April-May)
- King Highway in Kalamazoo will be repaved coming out of downtown. (May through July)
- M-96 (Augusta Dr.) between Galeburg and Augusta, all 8 miles will be repaved. Hope it doesn't hurt business for the Barn Theatre. (June thru September)
- The eight miles of eastbound I-94 from Sprinkle Rd. to Galesburg (40th Street) MDOT promises night work. (April to June)
The other old saying is "there are two seasons of the year in Michigan. Winter and Road Construction. Enjoy.