Bureaucrats with Guns Outnumber Marines
Did you know that there are more non-military (bureaucrats) who carry guns, than there are U.S. Marines?
Well there is.
The Washington Free Beacon is reporting on a new report published by a taxpayer watchdog group called Open The Books. The report states that there are now over 200,000 non-military federal officers with arrest and firearm authority, which easily surpasses the 182,100 personnel who are actively serving in the U.S. Marines Corps.
We find this out at a time when the Democrats in the U.S. House of Representatives are performing a sit-in to force a vote on limiting the American citizen from acquiring guns. Isn’t that interesting?
The report titled “Militarization of America” uncovered that civilian agencies spent $1.48 billion on guns, ammunition, and military-style equipment between 2006 and 2014. “Military-style” equipment, really.
The examples they gave include:
- IRS agents spent $11 million on guns, ammunition, and military-style equipment for its 2,316 special agents. These agents are armed with AR-15s, pump-action and semi-automatic shotguns, semi-automatic Smith & Wesson M&P15s, and Heckler & Koch H&K 416 rifles, which can be loaded with 30-round magazines.
- EPA bureaucrats spent $3.1 million on guns, ammo, and equipment, including drones, night vision, “camouflage and other deceptive equipment,” and body armor.
- The Food and Drug Administration now has 183 armed “special agents”. That is a 50% increase over the ten years from 1998-2008.
- The department of Health and Human Services (HHS) now has a ‘Special Office of Inspector General Agents’, who are trained with sophisticated weaponry by the same contractors who train our military Special Forces troops.
There are other government and administration agencies that have purchased guns and ammo. Those include:
- Small Business Administration
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Department of Education
- National Institute of Standards and Technology
The Open the Books taxpayer watchdog group was quoted as saying:
Conservatives argue that it is hypocritical for political leaders to undermine the Second Amendment while simultaneously equipping non-military agencies with hollow-point bullets and military style equipment, one could argue the federal government itself has become a gun show that never adjourns with dozens of agencies continually shopping for new firearms.
The question is, why are so many government agencies stockpiling military style guns and ammunition? Does the Department of Education, Small Business Administration, NOAA, The Institute of Standards and Technology, FDA and HHS really need a small army of armed agents?
All of these military style guns and ammunition are being purchased with taxpayer funds, while the Democrats are going to great lengths to not only stop American citizens from obtaining guns, but in some instances take their guns away.
This has to raise some of your eyebrows, does it not?
Let’s talk about this today on The Live with Renk Show which airs Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to noon. To let me know your thoughts during the show please call (269) 441-9595.
Or please feel free to start a discussion and write your thoughts in the comment section.