Michigan Democrat gubernatorial Candidate endorsed by Democratic Socialist
Many of us have heard of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, the surprise Democratic Socialist winner over incumbent Democrat Congressmen Joe Cowley in a district including the Bronx and Queens.
Well she has now endorsed Shelby Township Democrat Abdul El-Sayed for Michigan’s next governor.
What is a Democratic Socialist of America (DSA)?
Like most socialist organizations, DSA believes in the abolition of capitalism in favor of an economy run either by “the workers” or the state.
In practice, that means DSA members advocate ending private ownership of a wide range of industries whose products are viewed as “necessities,” which they say should not be left to those seeking to turn a profit.
According to the DSA’s current mission statement, the government should ensure that all citizens receive:
- adequate food
- health care; Government should provide universal health insurance, they want to ultimately nationalize hospitals, providers, and the rest of the health care system as well.
- child care
- and education
- DSA also believes that the government should “democratize” private businesses, for example, force owners to give workers control of them to the greatest extent possible.
- DSA ultimately wants to nationalize the entire financial sector.
- DSA members are calling for the outright abolition of the police and prison systems.
- DSA see capitalism as fundamentally incompatible with genuinely free and fair elections. In practice, however, the two wind up ultimately taking the same positions.
Is this who you would want to be the next Governor of Michigan?
The Democratic Party here in Michigan will have the opportunity in the Michigan August Primary to vote if this is who they want to be the next Governor of the great state of Michigan.