It’s a Michigan Thing. Euchre Tournament To Be A Part of State’s 181st Birthday Celebration
Think you've got what it takes to be the best in the state? Order it up and don't get set as euchre has been added to Michigan's birthday celebration.
Michigan became the nation’s 26th state on January 26, 1837. Each year, the Michigan History Museum in Lansing has a birthday party complete with cake, games, music, and fun; this year they've added a euchre tournament and the winner takes home a gift basket full of Michigan-pride goodies from Michiganology.
Michigan's birthday party happens from 10-4 on Saturday, Jan 27 at Michigan History Museum 702 W. Kalamazoo St., Lansing, MI.
- Live music from Acoustic Strings playing historic folk tunes
- Costumed interpreters wearing clothing from the time period
- A special display of the 1835 Michigan State Constitution
- Historic craft and trade demonstrations and hands-on opportunities, including rope making, butter churning, surveying, toy making and more
- Birthday cake and the singing of “Happy Birthday” to our state – a “must” experience for anyone who loves Michigan
The euchre tournament will begin at 11 and is limited to the first 20 players to pre-register. Players sign up individually, teams will be randomly drawn the day of the event. Good luck and remember, don't trump your partner's ace!
Bonus Video: Alan Kazam's Amazing Card Trick