A man suffered non-life threatening injuries after a power washing truck exploded and caught fire at a business in Kalamazoo Sunday afternoon. WWMT reports the blaze happened at Schupan Aluminum and Plastic Sales in the 4300 block of Davis Creek Court around 12:30pm.

Fire crews arrived on scene to a fully involved truck fire which was believed to be caused by an exploding generator inside the vehicle. An individual who was near the explosion suffered minor shrapnel and burn wounds which were later determined to be non-life threatening. Another man who was in the vicinity of the victim is being credited as a hero. By acted quickly in removing the victim's burning clothing, the unidentified individual helped save him from further injury.