4 Things You Need To Know About Deer Hunting in Michigan and 2 Things You Probably Didn’t
Firearm deer season in Michigan is almost here and the DNR wants to be sure you are clear in these 6 things.
Michigan Department of Natural Resources is ready for deer season, are you? Here are 4 things you need to know and 2 things you might not be aware of.
- Michigan's firearm deer season runs Nov. 15-30.
- Orange is not just fashionable, it is mandatory.
- You will need a license.
- Be aware of the baiting and feeding rules and restrictions for deer in Michigan.
Did you know?
- Hunting hours are limited to daylight hours plus 1/2 hour before and after sunset.
- If you love to hunt for sport but don't eat venison, you can donate your deer to those in need through Michigan Sportsmen Against Hunger. Find a participating processor at www.sportsmenagainsthunger.org.
Bonus Video: How To Quarter A Deer