MICHIGAN GHOST TOWN: Finkton, in Antrim County
Finkton in Antrim County is considered a Michigan Ghost Town, and has an extremely few people still living there.
Finkton began as a postal station on June 13, 1882. Local storekeeper German Button was selected as the first postmaster, remaining so until the post office was discontinued on January 31, 1908.
The store and post office were located in the same building, and a Grange Hall was just east down the road. A one-room schoolhouse rounded out the town. All is gone except for the Grace Church, which stands where the Grange Hall was.
The closest railroad was the East Jordan & Southern Railroad, 2 ½ miles east at Chestonia, another ghost town.
These are two pretty desolate towns, but they still warrant a quick drive-thru on a Michigan roadtrip.