Free Women’s Self-Defense Class Offered by Richland Police Department
It is important that women know how to protect themselves. The Richland Police department is offering a free workshop to teach potentially life-saving skills.
Ideally, men would be socialized not to prey on women and this would not be an issue. Realistically, it is an issue. Women interested in learning self-defense techniques will want to join the Richland Police Department for a free workshop in September.
- Richland PD Women's Self Defense Workshop
- 6:30pm | Tuesday, September 10
- RSVP to the Facebook event page
Participants will have the chance to meet Richland police personnel and "learn effective techniques that leverage biomechanics against a would-be attacker." They say, "this is a hands on workshop, please dress in workout attire and bring a water bottle."
- had better safety strategies in place
- were more equipped to deal with strangers, and people they know, in the context of potential assault or abuse
- had more positive feelings about their bodies
- had increased self-confidence