Road Construction In Southwest Michigan
Get the schedule and locations for this batch of Southwest Michigan road construction below.
Sunshine and warm weather bring us orange barrels every year. According to Mlive,
The Michigan Department of Transportation announced it will invest $547,000 in crack sealing along 93 miles of state trunkline in Berrien, Calhoun, Cass, Kalamazoo and Van Buren counties.
This crack sealing project is set to begin Wednesday, May 17th and end on Friday, June 30th. You can expect single lane closures in the following areas:
- Southbound I-196 from Coloma Road in Hagar Township to 24th Street in Covert Township, Van Buren County.
- M-63 from Dozer Drive to Midway Avenue in St. Joseph, Berrien County.
- M-60 from Leet Road in Howard Township to Stone Lake Drive in LaGrange Township, Cass County.
- M-331 (South Westnedge Avenue) from Kilgore Road to Michigan Avenue (M-43/I-94 BL) in Kalamazoo.
- M-89 from 42nd Street in Ross Township, to West Michigan Avenue in Bedford Township.
- I-94 between 12th Street in Texas Township, and the Kalamazoo/Van Buren county line.
If you're planning a Michigan road trip or have a long commute you should check out the road construction interactive map provided by the Michigan Department of Transportation by clicking here.
BONUS VIDEO: I-69 Multiple-Vehicle Pileup Accident