US 131 Nighttime Ramp Closure More Inconvenience Than Nightmare
Beginning Tuesday, The Michigan Department of Transportation (M-DOT) will be beginning two weeks of total ramp closures to do repaving work, on US 131 at I-94 (Exit 32), at Stadium Drive (Exit 34), and on M-43, West Main St (Exit 38). Those ramps will be closed from 10 pm until 6am, from May 28th through June 8th.
Here are the specific closures. Remember that all work is weather dependent.
- Tuesday, May 28: Southbound US-131 to westbound M-43, and eastbound M-43 to southbound US-131.
- Wednesday, May 29: Southbound US-131 to eastbound M-43, and westbound M-43 to southbound US-131.
- Thursday, May 30: M-43 to northbound US-131, and northbound US-131 to eastbound M-43.
- Friday, May 31: Northbound US-131 to westbound M-43.
- Saturday, June 1: Stadium Drive to southbound US-131, and southbound US-131 to Stadium Drive.
- Monday, June 3: Southbound US-131 to I-94, and westbound I-94 to southbound US-131.
- Tuesday, June 4: Westbound I-94 to southbound US-131, and northbound US-131 to I-94.
- Wednesday, June 5: Northbound US-131 to I-94, and westbound I-94 to northbound US-131.
- Thursday, June 6: Westbound I-94 to northbound US-131.
- Friday, June 7: Stadium Drive to northbound US-131, and northbound US-131 to Stadium Drive.
- (Source: M-DOT via MiDrive)