Vicksburg Railroad Crossing Work Begins Monday
Judging by the comments on Facebook, most folks in Vicksburg are happy that some "long awaited railroad crossing improvements" are set to begin Monday. (September 9th)
According to the Village, here are the details:
West Prairie Street will be closed at the crossing starting Monday, September 9th, and is scheduled to be reopened Friday, September 20th.
Spruce Street will be closed at the crossing starting Thursday, September 12th, and is scheduled to be reopened Tuesday September 24th.
Main Street will be closed at the crossing starting Monday, September 23rd, this repair will take approximately 2 weeks to complete.
The railroad will be paying 40% of the cost of this repairs and the remaining 60% will be covered by a grant from the Michigan Department of Transportation.
The good news is, if the work goes according to schedule, each street should take approximately two weeks. and will be spread out over most of this month and into October.