University of Michigan offers Free Tuition
The University of Michigan announced the creation of their Go Blue Guarantee.
Michigan’s Go Blue Guarantee will offer in-state students with family incomes, including the students, of less than $65,000 free tuition for four years starting in January of 2018.
U of M states they have about 3,000 students already on campus that have family incomes below $65,000 and many of them will qualify for this tuition support program.
Your cost of tuition will be fully covered if you:
- Are enrolled full-time in your first bachelor’s degree program on the Ann Arbor campus
- Are eligible for in-state tuition (view guidelines)
- Are enrolled in the Fall and Winter terms
- Have an annual family income of $65,000 or less and have family assets totaling less than $50,000, and
- Meet Financial Aid and Go Blue Guarantee Eligibility Requirementsfor the Go Blue Guarantee
Sorry you U of M Flint or Dearborn students this Go Blue Guarantee does not include you.
Your room and board is not included but it still is a great program Michigan is offering and congrats to U of M for doing so.
Sharpen those pencils and start applying to the University of Michigan, if you meet their eligibility requirements you never know. As the NHL Hall of Famer Wayne Gretzky said “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take”.