Borgess Bike Rodeo Safety Event is Tuesday
This Tuesday, kids will bring their bikes out to Borgess Health Park for the annual Bike Rodeo & Helmet Giveaway. It's a chance to have bikes checked out by experts, and get properly fitted for the right helmet, and have fun doing it!
- Bring your bike and receive a free bike safety check from the pros at Team Active Bikes of Battle Creek!
- Visit with the local EMS, K-9 Unit, Bike Patrol Officer and Fire Dept.- get a picture of you in a Firetruck!
- Test your skills in the obstacle course & ride through the Kiddie Bike Wash!
- Snacks provided by Pasche’s REDLINE BBQ Smokehouse & Catering!
- Student Heart Checks will be available with the Ascension mobile unit for ages 13-19. Cost $30
Bicycle Helmets: WHY?
- Because a bike helmet could save your child’s life. Consider these facts:
- Wearing a helmet while bicycling, in-line skating and skateboarding can reduce the risk of serious brain injury by more than 85 percent.
- Three out of four bicycle-related deaths and disabling injuries are caused by brain damage.
- Eighty-five percent of bicyclists killed in 2003 reportedly weren’t wearing helmets.
- Head injuries can happen anytime and anywhere.
- Good safety begins with consistent rules.
- Because children learn best by example, parents should always wear their own helmets, too.
These Bicycle helmets meet CPSC (Consumer Product and Safety Commission) Bike Helmet Safety Standards.
Toddler helmets have 11 airflow vents for comfort. Adult helmets come in sizes small, medium, large and x-large. These helmets offer an adjustable band for a comfortable and snug fit, and include 10 airflow vents.
Helmet Size/Head Circumference
- Toddler 18 1/8 - 20 7/16 inches
- Small 19 ¾ - 22 inches
- Medium 21 7/8 - 22 13/16 inches
- Large 22 13/16 - 24 3/8 inches
- X-Large 23 ¼ - 23 3/8 inches
What: Bike Rodeo Safety Check and Helmet Fitting
When: Tuesday June 19, 2018, 5:00-7:00 pm
Where: Borgess Health Park, 3035 Capital Ave. S.W., Battle Creek