Deer Hunting Season Timeline for 2021 in Michigan
For new and old deer hunters alike, here is the breakdown and timeline for this season.
With fall in full swing, deer hunting has begun in Michigan like always. I'm sure I can't be the only one that has seen a deer strapped to the top of a car this month. For those that are new to hunting in Michigan, or are just curious about what hunters will be taking into the woods and when check out the timeline of the 2021 hunting season below.
Deer Hunting Season Dates for Michigan 2021.
- Archery Season:
- October 1st through November 14th, 2021, and
- December 1st, 2021 through January 1st, 2022
- Extended Archery - Urban Deer Management Zone of Macomb, Oakland, and Wayne Counties: Open through January 31st.
- Regular Firearm Season:
- Monday, November 15th through Tuesday, November 30th, 2021.
- Muzzleloading Season:
- Zone 1: December 3rd through December 12th, 2021
- Zone 2: December 3rd through December 12th, 2021
- Zone 3: December 3rd through December 12th, 2021
- Late Antlerless Firearm Season:
- December 13th through January 1st, 2022
Where can I hunt in Michigan?
If you are new to hunting and don't know where to hunt throughout the state, the Michigan Department of Natural Resources has many resources to help you out. The MiHUNT Interactive Map shows you where the boundaries of lands open to public hunting and more.
Where can I purchase or reprint my hunting license?
Again, the Michigan DNR has all those resources available to you. Just click here for the details.
For those of you that are hitting the woods over the next month or so, just remember that I accept all forms of venison as presents should you feel the need. Good luck out there!
Source: MI DNR
LOOK: Here are the 25 best places to live in Michigan