Help Clean Up Michigan Beaches
Warmer weather is upon us and it is time to get out and clean up the beaches for the upcoming season. Chicago based nonprofit Alliance for the Great Lakes has organized 12 beach cleanup events through out Michigan.
According to M-Live, the cleanup events will be through out the state between April and June. Those events are part of the groups annual adopt a beach program spring kick off.
Volunteers are being sought to help clean up shorelines, pick up trash and record their findings, which will be shared with beach managers and scientists.
Michigan event schedule so far
• Jean Klock Park, Benton Harbor: Saturday, April 16, 9 a.m.
• Muskegon Lake, Muskegon: Saturday, April 16, 9 a.m.
• P.J. Hoffmaster State Park, Norton Shores: Friday, April 22, 5 p.m.
• Milliken State Park, Detroit: Sunday, May 1, 10:30 a.m.
• Riley Street Beach, Holland: Saturday, May 7, 11 a.m.
• Jean Klock Park, Benton Harbor, Saturday, May 14, 9 a.m.
• Lakeview Park, Schoolcraft County: Thursday, May 19, 11 a.m.
• Silver Beach, St. Joseph: Thursday, May 19, 6 p.m.
• Pere Marquette Park, Muskegon: Saturday, May 21, 9 a.m.
• Muskegon Lake, Muskegon: Saturday, May 21, 9 a.m.
• Grand Haven City Beach, Grand Haven: Sunday, May 22, 3 p.m.
• Pere Marquette Park, Muskegon: Saturday, June 18: 9 a.m.
Click here to register or create your own cleanup event.