How Many Confirmed Coronavirus Cases In Michigan? Updated Daily
Michigan saw a slight decrease in new Covid-19 cases Sunday after a rough week.
Michigan averaged 782 new daily Covid-19 cases in the last 7 days (August 23rd -August 29th). That's the worst week for new cases since the last week of April. However, there is good news to be found in the numbers. The average new daily deaths in August are dramatically lower than they were in April in May.
For the first 2-3 months Michigan had the 3rd most Covid cases and 2nd most deaths in the U.S. As our state put many safety measures in place we now have the 14th most Covid cases and 7th most deaths.
After having a very promising June, Michigan is seeing a very steady and dangerous trend with increased new daily Covid-19 cases in July. We still need to practice social distancing and follow other CDC guidelines. Below you'll find both Total Confirmed Covid-19 Cases and Daily New Cases in Michigan.
LIVE UPDATES: Coronavirus in Kalamazoo, MI
Click here to see a zip code break down of confirmed Covid-19 cases in Kalamazoo County.
To see a full county by county break down of confirmed Covid-19 cases and deaths from the State of Michigan click here.
The Kalamazoo County Health Department said in an email to follow these steps:
- Stay home if you are mildly sick (runny nose, sneezing, cough)
- Call your doctor before going to clinic
- Only go to the emergency department if you are very sick. Severe COVID-19 symptoms include shortness of breath, confusion, chest pain or pressure, and bluish lips. This list is incomplete; talk to your doctor about other signs of medical emergencies
- Follow public health recommendations and orders
- Adhere to the Governor’s executive orders
- Wash your hands
- Cover your mouth when you sneeze or cough with your elbow or sleeve
We are updating information on Covid-19 frequently. You can see those updates by clicking here.