These 19 Michigan Children Have Recently Gone Missing
We're updating our list of missing children in the state of Michigan as of July 20th. We're hoping that by sharing this information and with the help of the community we can do our part to bring these children home.
The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children currently has 78 missing children listings, some of which go back a few years, some of which even go back decades. This month there are 4 new cases of missing children.
Since our last post in June, 5 of the missing children that were listed were found and brought home safely. But there are still those out there who have not yet made it home. If you're unfortunate enough to have something like this happen to your family. Make sure to search out all possibilities before dreading the worst-case scenario.
What to do if your child is missing
- Immediately call your local law enforcement agency.
- After you have reported your child missing to law enforcement, call the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children at 1-800-THE-LOST® (1-800-843-5678).
- Thoroughly search home for a missing child.
- Provide law enforcement with your child’s name, date of birth, height, weight, and descriptions of any other unique identifiers such as eyeglasses and braces. Tell them when you noticed your child was missing and what clothing he or she was wearing
- Request law enforcement authorities immediately enter your child’s name and identifying information into the FBI’s National Crime Information Center Missing Person File.