Really Michigan; Were One Of The ‘Grinchiest’ States In America
If true we really need to up our game. The data analysis team from CenturyLink looked at 10 different metrics when it comes to Christmas spirit and Michigan we did not fair well. In fact we came in 41 out of the 50 “Grinchiest” states in America.
They looked at the following to create their list:
- Google searches for Christmas movies and gingerbread houses (29%)
- Google shopping trends for wrapping paper, Christmas cards, Christmas ornaments, and “elf on a shelf” (28%)
- Number of Christmas songs streamed (14.5%)
- Number of tweets related to Christmas (7%)
- Number of Christmas tree farms per capita (7%)
- Amount of charitable donations (14.5%)
What 9 states ranked worse than Michigan, they were:
Delaware, Texas, New Mexico, New Jersey, Arizona, Florida, California, Hawaii and Nevada.
How did we let Ohio not only beat us but crush us, is Jim Harbaugh in charge of Christmas spirit here in Michigan also? Ohio came in as the fourth state with the most Christmas spirit.
Did you know that the most expensive Christmas tree ornament in the world was sold for $130,000. According to the article the ornament includes:
1,578 diamonds, 18-carat white gold, and 188 red rubies.
Michigan let us try to “stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup."
Also Michigan remember what Buddy the elf said and stop being “a cotton-headed ninny-muggins!"