The Name Of Your City is What? Most Hilarious Names
It is good to laugh at somethings sometimes. I recently found a list of the 14 most ridiculously named cities in the world and some of them will make you laugh and have you scratching your head and asking yourself they named their city that.
The website Thrillest published a list of these cities names and they are:
14. Bumpass, Virginia
13. Intercourse, Pennsylvania: Safety tip:... Intercourse is less than ten miles away from Blue Ball, PA. So be VERY careful when setting your GPS, or else plan for an entirely more disappointing weekend away.
12. F@%king, Austria: Traveler's tip: The village folk (population: 104) got sick and tired of English-speaking tourists stealing their F@%king signage. So in 2004, after a vote to change the name of the town after 800 years failed to pass, they decided to install theft-resistant signs welded to steel.
11. Gobbler's Knob, Pennsylvania
10. Hell, Norway
9. Dildo, Canada: According to Wikipedia, this town got its name from the "phallus-shaped pin stuck in the edging of a row boat to act as a pivot for the oar"
8. Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales: A small village in Wales calls itself by a name with more letters than residents.
7. Twatt, Scotland: Etymology: The name comes from an Old Norse word meaning "small parcel of land".
5. Muff, Ireland
4. Humptulips, Washington: The western Washington town got its name from a totally-innocent-sounding Native American phrase meaning "hard to pole".
3. Titty Hill, England
2. Pee Pee Township, Ohio: Located in the heart of scenic Pike County, Pee Pee was named after the Pee Pee River, a name derived from the initials of an Irish settler.
and who could ever forget:
1. Anus, France
Laugh a little today and enjoy the gift of another day living on this great planet and even better this great country. A country that is becoming greater by the day.