Things To Do In Kalamazoo: Weekend of February 21-23
Have a blast singing along with 'Grease,' enjoy music and dance or the quiet of the Kalamazoo Nature Center; four special events are happening this weekend only.
Each week, Discover Kalamazoo gives us the highlights of weekend activity right here in the Mall City. This is what's going on the last full weekend of February.
Saturday, Feb 22 | 7 pm
Kalamazoo State Theatre
Tickets: $12.50 adult | $8 student or youth <17
- Local performing artists Madison Merlanti and Benjamin Leeka lead the sing along as the classic film Grease plays on the big screen at Kalamazoo's historic State Theatre
- Costumes encouraged
- Cash bar 21+
Friday, Feb 21 | 8 pm
- 50th anniversary celebration
- This 17-member troupe tours nationally and internationally, presenting a powerful vision for ballet in the 21st century
Friday, Feb 21 | 7:30
Dalton Center Recital Hall, Western Michigan University
Tickets: $40 | $15 student
- This University of Colorado quartet- two violins, a viola and a cello- are renowned for the vitality of its interpretations, fearlessly performing a fiendish repertoire
- Fanny Mendelssohn QuartetBartok Quartet No. 4Beethoven Quartet Op. 59 No. 3
Friday, Feb 22 | 6-7 pm
Kalamazoo Nature Center
Tickets: $5 for members | $7 for non-members
- A monthly program offering a quieter, sensory-friendly experience for families with children on the autism spectrum or whom have sensory processing needs
- Evening includes a self-guided exhibit exploration, live animal introduction and a craft to take home
- Spaces limited to 10 children to preserve the low-stimulus environment
Event info provided by Greg Ayres of Discover Kalamazoo, where they have many more ideas on fun things to do in Kalamazoo 365 days a year.