Things To Do In Kalamazoo: Weekend of January 10-12
Kalamazoo is famous for its beers and guitars. Add in a Hollywood star and outdoor fun and, gosh, you've got a great weekend. Discover Kalamazoo has the rundown.
Saturday, Jan 11-Saturday, Jan 18
Events throughout Kalamazoo County
- Kalamazoo Beer Week is about building a relationship with craft beer
- KBW is a week long series of special tastings, dinners and interactive events at multiple venues
- Plan your individual itinerary at KalamazooBeerWeek.com
Friday, Jan 10 | 5-9 pm
Kalamazoo Valley Museum
- An open call for all bands and musicians who play stringed instruments to audition for the March 7th Kalamazoo Fretboard Festival.
Saturday, Jan 11 | 7:30 pm
Kalamazoo State Theatre
- Heck, yes! Jon Heder, Efren Ramierez, and John Gries (Napoleon, Pedro and Uncle Rico) host the 15th anniversary of the classic film Napoleon Dynamite at Kalamazoo State Theatre with a Q&A session following.
Saturday, Jan 11
Wolf Lake State Fish Hatchery | Just off M-43, Mattawan
- Fly tying | 9 and 11 am
- Winter scavenger hunts | 10am
- Hatchery tours | 10am, 12 and 2 pm
Multiple indoor and outdoor activities and events for all ages, offered for free.
Event info provided by Greg Ayres of Discover Kalamazoo, where they have many more ideas on fun things to do in Kalamazoo 365 days a year.