What Are The Most Oddly Named Towns In Michigan
There are tons of lists naming Michigan's funniest, strangest, wildest and craziest town names. Well, what's one more?
Taking another look at our odd state of Michigan, lets start with the humor that exists in the photo at the top of the page. The sign for Cement City with a smaller sign attached reading loose stone. So, here are a few more town names in Michigan with odd names.
- Bath, located Just North East of Lansing.
- Bete Grise, French for grey beast, is in the Upper Peninsula's Keweenaw Peninsula.
- Cement City, origionally named Woodstock, located on the East Boarder of Jackson County.
- Dick, yes, it exists, you can find it on Trout Lake Rd in the center of the Sault Ste. Marie State Forest area.
- Dollar Settlement, located in the eastern region of the Upper Peninsula and to the West of Sault Ste. Marie.
- Free Soil, Mason county
- Mesick, pronounced mess-ick, not much to say other then there are less then 400 residents.
- Napoleon, also located in Jackson county.
Are there any other odd names we missed? tell us in the comments.
BONUS VIDEO: Paw Paw's Maple Lake in the fall of 2016