6 Ways to Celebrate Valentine’s 2019 in Kalamazoo
Valentine's Day is just days away, and if you're looking to mix it up, save some dough, or make a memory with that special someone, I've got 6 love-centric ideas in Kalamazoo to make your holiday wishes come true.
- Costume Prom at State Theatre: The Adult Costume Prom, Fated to Be, brings a little glitz and glamour to your Valentine's Day. Join Kathryn Harte DeCoux and special guest Lori Moore for a night of food, drinks, dancing, live music from Bride of Fleckenstein, karaoke, and so much more, with prizes awarded for best costumes. Tickets are still available. Click here for more details.
- Fro-Yo for You and Yours: Treat yourself or your SO to a heapin' helpin' of Fro-Yo and Fixin's at Let's Swirl near the corner of West Main and Drake for the sweet price of $2.14.
- Send a Singing Telegram: Trust me; your Valentine is not expecting a singing telegram. Formally dressed in the finest duds, quartets descend upon Kalamazoo to serenade your partner at work, school, restaurants - wherever they might be! The $50 price tag comes with long-stemmed rose and personalized card.
- Love Letters with Edie Falco and Stephen Wallem: Join Edie Falco (Sopranos/Nurse Jackie) and Stephen Wallem (Nurse Jackie) for a fundraising event for the Kalamazoo Civic Theatre as they present Love Letters, that follows the story of two childhood friends and their lifelong correspondence including the ups and downs of college, war, bad marriages, and children. Get more information here.
- Valentine's Day Dinner at Henderson Castle: The best part of this truly decadent dinner is that there are three nights to enjoy it, so if Valentine's Day being on a Thursday has thrown a bit of a wrench in the works, you can still have a one-of-a-kind, romantic evening with your special someone.
- Hot Date Night at Glass Art Kalamazoo: This 21-and-over event invites you to learn how to create one of two glass pieces; a blown glass paperweight or kiln fused glass tile. Wine and snacks are included in the ticket price of $120 per couple. Only 16 seats available, so reserve your spot now.