How Many ‘Grand’ Michigan Things Can You Think Of?
There are so many "Grand" names associated with Michigan, such as the Grand River, how many of them can you think of? As many as you can name, there are likely some you've either over looked or haven't heard of before.
The topic came up recently on the Michigan History Facebook group.
And it's worth noting that a grand like the Grand River is the basis for several other grands like Grand Rapids and Grand Haven. Here's a list, in no particular order of some of the many Michigan Grands:
- Grand River
- Grand River Avenue
- Grand Rapids
- Grand Ledge
- Grand Haven
- Grand Beach (village in Berrien County)
- Grand Marais
- Grand Hotel (Mackinac Island)
- Grand Sable Dunes
- Grand Blanc
- Grand Traverse County
- Grand Traverse Bay
- Grand Trunk Railroad
- Grand Island (in Lake Superior near Munising)
- Grandville (Grand Rapids suburb)
- Grand Junction (hamlet near South Haven)
- Grand Valley State University
- Grand Mere State Park (near Stevensville)
- Grand Circus Park (Detroit)
Is there a Grand we missed? Let us know in the comments below.