Detroit Honors a Hero: Mike Ilich Memorial Details Announced
The public visitation remembering Mike Ilitch will be Wednesday, February 15 with other memorial opportunities and recognition events to follow.
Memorial services have been scheduled for for Mike Ilitch, patron of Detroit.
Tributes have been pouring in for the Little Caesars Pizza founder who also owned the National Hockey League's Detroit Red Wings and Major League Baseball's Detroit Tigers. A public memorial has already been established at Comerica Park and visitation is planned for the Fox Theater (also owned by Ilitch) on February 15. Read more in this official Facebook post from Little Caesars.
- Beginning February 13 at 1 p.m. – Public Memorial Display at Comerica Park
- Beginning Monday, February 13 at 1 p.m., community members are invited to share memories or write messages of condolence on a temporary, public memorial site to be organized outside of Comerica Park, near the “Big Tiger”. Memorial sentiments will be saved and shared with family.
- February 15, Noon – 8 p.m. – Public Visitation at the Fox Theatre Grand Lobby
- Mr. Ilitch will lie in repose for a public visitation on Wednesday, February 15, from noon – 8 p.m. in the Grand Lobby of the historic Fox Theatre. Community members are invited to the lobby of this national historic site that Mike and his wife Marian fully restored and established as the world headquarters of Little Caesars in 1989.
- Additional memorial opportunities and recognition events will be planned, including at Joe Louis Arena, the Lakeland Complex and the Little Caesars Arena construction site.