Papa’s Italian Sausage Celebrating 35 Years Of Business In Kalamazoo
One of Kalamazoo's most famous and cherished local food stops is gearing up for a big anniversary.
Papa's Italian Sausage is marking 35 years of serving unique eats on a bun from their location on King's Highway. It began in the early 1980s, when Carl Rizzuto and his family started attending local events, long before the food truck craze. They were indeed Kalamazoo's original street food.
Papa’s mobile food cart and homemade Italian sausage can still be found at a number of outdoor events throughout the summer, as well as the Kalamazoo Farmer’s Market and their storefront. Papa’s Italian Sausage is known for traditional, homemade street food. As they mark 35 years of business, they plan to not only celebrate Papa’s, but also acknowledge and celebrate Kalamazoo’s traditional street food culture which Papa’s has been a part of in the community for decades.
Here's what Papa's Italian Sausage has planned for their anniversary:
- Who: Papa’s Italian Sausage (Carl Rizzuto, owner 269-720-7846)
- What: 35 year business anniversary and celebration of Kalamazoo’s street food culture.
- When: August 1, 2019 6pm - 10pm.
- Where: Kalamazoo Farmer’s Market pavilion on Bank St.
- Admission to the event is free and open to the public. There will be a number of food trucks, beer & wine and live music.
For more information check out the event page on the Papa’s Italian Sausage Facebook page.